Learn to Dive - Open Water Courses
SCUBA diving is great fun and is a fantastic way to discover the diversity of the amazing underwater world. The Open Water Dive Course enables you to enjoy the diving environment as a trained and safe diver.
The course is divided into 3 segments:
- Online Study
- Pool sessions
- Open Water
We run the following types of courses:
a) Evening Courses - you do your thoery and pool sessions over 4 evenings (from 6:30pm to 9:30pm normally) and your open water dives over one weekend.
b) Weekend Courses - you do your entire course of two consecutive weekends.
c) Weekday Courses - you do a 3 day block course during the day over consecutive days.
d) Private Course - we schedule a course around you. The cost of this depends on the number of people you have - please call us for more information.
Why should I dive with Kiwi Divers?
- We want you to enjoy your diving experience so you’ll come to love diving as we do.
- Our instructors are passionate about diving and will ensure that your first underwater experience will be a fun and safe experience.
- We like to keep our classes small (usually 4 to 8 students) so that you have more one on one time with the instructor.
- We have regular dive trips (up to 5 trips a week) throughout the year from our own boat (not charters). We believe that once you've learnt to dive, you'll want to carry on so why not learn with a centre that actually gets out diving?!
- We have a best price guarantee. If you find a better price for the same equipment, we'll match it.
- We offer our students extra sessions if required so that you are comfortable before going out into the ocean.
- We have a high standard of well maintained equipment in our school including computers.
- Minimum 10 years of age
- Medically fit to dive (download the diving medical form and if you answer "yes" to any of the questions then please contact us)
- You should be able to swim 200m (any stroke and no time limit) and tread water for 10 minutes.
Course cost $550.00
Cost includes all training and reference materials, scuba equipment and certification card.