Advanced Adventurer Course
If you want to increase your confidence, explore more of the underwater world and develop more of your scuba diving capabilities then this is the course for you!
Most people assume that the Advanced Adventurer Course is for 'advanced' divers and that they need vast amounts of dive experience to take part. In essence this course is aimed at the not just the experienced diver but also at the new diver.
This course is designed to maximise your in-water learning (there's no classroom learning or exams), and it's a great way to get more dives under your belt while continuing to learn under the supervision of one of our experienced instructors, so that by the time you have finished the course you will be a better and safer diver.
You will be introduced to a range of different diving types under varying conditions so it's a great way to get a taste of the various Specialty courses that you can undertake to continue your diving education.
This program allows you to experience five different open water dives from five SSI Specialty programs without requiring you to complete the entire Specialty. If you are unsure of your next step, this is the perfect way to advance your dive skills and experience, and to identify which Specialty programs interest you. You will earn the SSI Advanced Adventurer certification after completing this program.
The course consists of five dives that cover five different aspects of diving specialties. Each of these aspects has a short academic session that needs to be completed before the dives.
On the course you will complete five dives from the following selection:
- Boat Diving – covers different aspects of diving from boats
- Deep Diving - this dive will be up to a depth of 30m
- Drift - this dive will give you the opportunity to experience the exhilaration of underwater flying.
- Dry Suit Diving – experience diving in a drysuit
- Navigation Diving - you will learn natural and compass navigation skills
- Night and Limited Visibility- on this dive you will plunge into a mysterious environment and see the marine life in a 'new light'!
- Nitrox - diving enriched air lets you safely extend your no decompression limits, which means more time underwater and shorter surface intervals - so you can get back in the water sooner!!
- Perfect Buoyancy - this dive will improve your buoyancy skills so that you have more control and also better air consumption.
- Search & Recovery - learn to search and lift that dropped outboard or bulging bag of scallops safely to the surface.
- Scooter/DPV Diving – experience the thrill of using underwater scooters/ Diver Propulsion Vehicles to move underwater
- Wreck - this dive is at the Waikato or Canterbury wreck and it will dive you a taste of what is a popular and adventurous area of diving.
A typical course will include Deep, Navigation, Boat, Nitrox and Perfect Buoyancy dives although the course can be tailored to the customers requests and is dependent on destination.